Please think twice before firmware update,there is risk at bricking your device. We are not responsible for any risk involved. Please do follow all the steps shown herein.
Notices and preparations before firmware update:
- Please save the data stored in your device before firmware update. All data will be wiped out during firmware update.
- Please check the version number of your device,and find the right firmware that matches the version of your device.Otherwise,the risk of bricking your device is much higher;
- Prepare the charger for your device in case power is low;
- If you don't find any problem with your device,we DO NOT recommend you do firmware update;
- Supported OS: Win-XP 32Bit/64Bit,Win7 32Bit/64Bit
1. Please download the update tool and the firmware
The update tool is named: Actions Tablet Product Tool 1.02_02(Developer Edition)
The firmware is named: Ainol Novo 10 Hero II Quad Core V1 Firmware
2. Please unwrap the update tool. You will see the following files:
3. Please install the update tool. Click setup.exe to start installation. The following view will show up.[It is in Chinese]
Click "下一步(N)" to go next. The following view will show up. We have added Chinese comment around the key info and key buttons so that you will know what to do if Chinese dialog shows up.
Click "Next".The following dialog might show up. Select to install the software. It would show up in the system language;if not,select the second option.
Wait for mins for the following dialog to show up. We have added English comment for the key Chinese info and Chinese button so that you will know what's happening and what to do next.
Click Close to finish installation.
Go to the installation folder,you will find the following folders and files.
Click the folder "Product",find the following file and click to open.
After you open the app above,you will see the following view.
Unwrap the firmware if you haven't unwrapped it.
Notice: DO NOT un-check those default-checked items.
Follow the following steps to replace the files with the matched one.
We have marked 1 to 5 in the picture and made the following comments,please read carefully.
- Click to select the "rec" file in the firmware folder
- Click to select the "misc" file in the firmware folder
- Click to select the "system" file in the firmware folder
- Click to select the "apk.img" file in the firmware folder
- Click to select a file whose suffix name is "FW" in the firmware folder
3. Now,time to check your device.
(1) Please check if the version number of your device matches the firmware to see if the firmware applies to your device;
(2) Power your device on and power it off. Make sure these works well;
(3) Press Vol+ button and hold for 5 seconds whilst plugging USB cable. The PC end will inform you to install driver. When you get informed to do so,plug the charger that was prepared in advance. You need to manually install the driver for the first time. Right click your PC,open "Properties" and see "Device Management",you will find an unknown device as follows.
Right click "unknown device" to install driver as follows.
Click "Confirm" to start installation. There will be system popup for you,select to still go on installing. The firmware update tool will inform you when installation completes and finds the device.
When you see the information as above shows up,it means you can proceed to update firmware.
Click "Download" as the following picture shows to proceed.
After clicking "Download",please wait until the following picture shows up,which means you have done it successfully.
The time it takes to finish the complete firmware update depends on the performance of your PC,usually it takes about 3 minutes. After you have done the firmware update successfully,unplug the charger and USB cable,press the power button for 8 seconds,your device will reboot. The first time of booting after firmware update takes about 100 seconds to finish. After it boots up,please check if the version number has been updated;if yes,congratulations.
4. Every time of firmware update,the data of battery stored will be wiped out as well,therefore the power indication of battery might display incorrectly. You need to charger it for 20 minutes or more,then it will be back normal.
Enjoy Ainol,enjoy life.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Join our mailing list by entering your email address in the box at the bottom of any page to get notified of the first hand news,the latest reviews,rumors;or subscribe me